|Courgette and Carrot layer
Serve with a sprouted salad for a light lunch or glazxe with agar and fresh herbs for a special occasion. This mixture makes a delicious filling for a raised pie too
1 Lb carrots masked and seasoned
1 medium onion
1 lb courgettes finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
4 oz ground almonds
3 oz breadcrumbs
1 tbsp vegetable stock dissolved in a little boiling water
1 egg beaten
1 level spm mixed herbs
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbspns soy sauce
ground black pepper
1. grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
2. fry onion and courgettes in oil and add all the remaining ingredients except the carrot and mix well.
3. place half of the courgette mixture into the loaf tin and press down well.
4. arrange carrots on top followed by the remaining courgette mixture.
5. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hr at 175.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
Recipe from Karina Wells